Thursday 2 May 2013

Blackberry Curve Vs IPhone 4S



My first hand phone was Alcatel. The hand phone was a gift from my aruah abah.I has started using the hand phone since September 2000. Honestly I’m not the technology savvy. Now I have two Smartphones which one for my office contact and another one for my personal contact. The Blackberry Curve for my office contact and the Iphone 4S is for personal contact. Both hand phones are connecting to internet. 
     
I have started using the Blackberry DATA plan on 1st May 2011 whereby the Iphone 4S on 6th June 2012.As I said before I’m not a technology savvy , my first bill for the first month used the Blackberry was almost RM500.00 , which I was so surprised and shock to receive the bill. The number of SMS sent from my handphone was almost 400 SMS and the Internet DATA used was about RM200 00. The phone seller did not advise me to stop the internet connection, thus the Internet DATA is running without my knowledge and I did not subscribing the Internet DATA plan. I also did not realize that my phone is sending SMS to my contact list in the phonebook with a text message “Drive Safely” via the voice response feature in the handphone. This feature is able to communicate by sending and receiving messages without touching the phone. Once an incoming text message is read aloud, the user can choose to replay the message, speak a response back to the sender or even call back the sender and be able to read the emails entirely by voice

Again the second incident happened to myself when I started have the IPhone 4S my Call Credit balance in the Smartphone missing without my knowledge and again the same mistake happened. I did not realize that the cellular internet was on without the Internet DATA plan, thus the provider of the internet deducted the usage from my call credit.

My advice to all friends before you buy the Smart phone you should understand the basic feature and not only buy the Smartphone without knowing the basic of the hand phone features and its technologies.

Although I have two Smartphone but I’m still blur with the technology however I managed to identify and explore a few of the technologies which has assist me in my work life and study life as well as personal life.

Text Message (SMS) from the Blackberry 

The text message (SMS) which was sent from the Blackberry can be forwarded to:

a. Email

b. Text Message

c. Blackberry Messenger Chat

d. PIN – this is the Blackberry ID number

e. Facebook

I always forward the office SMS to my email address for my future reference. This is the feature that my Phone 4S does not has.

In the event the text message is not delivered to the recipient due to the recipient hand phone is off, the delivery indication will not indicate delivered, its will wait until the recipient on the hand phone and received its. The indication will appear as “ D√” upon the text message delivered.

Text Message (SMS) from the IPhone 4S

The IPhone 4S has an application namely as “SIRI”. This feature is a voice response and allows the speech to convert to the text sending as SMS. I can use the SIRI when the internet is connected to the handphone and can send the SMS with voice command and SIRI will convert to text and send to recipient. However I do not know whether the SMS is deliver or pending as there is no indication whether the SMS has been delivered or still pending. 

Email 

I can send email for my office matters and personal email from my both handphones. Before I use the Smartphone I do not know that I can send the email from the handphone.

BlackBerry Messenger

The user of Blackberry is given a free PIN number .The Pin number allow the Blackberry user to communicate via BBM Messenger with other PIN number with a free of charged. It is also has a voice chat feature. 

Face Time via IPhone 4S

This feature allow me to make a call with video and the call is using the WIFI internet Thus I always use this feature to communicate with my relative and my close friend who is using the IPhone .This have save me a lot as the call is free as the call use the internet data.

My Blackberry Curve is always hanging and spinning the clock and full memory. This problem has made me headache as I do not know how to solve it. What I normally do is to pull out the battery and put back. I have also removed some of the application and deleted old SMS but still happened. Should I buy a new BlackBerry Z10? But I don’t like touch screen…….I’m use to keypad….so how........ha ha ha

No comments:

Post a Comment