Thursday 9 May 2013

Personal Hotspot - IPhone


What is personal hotspot? Do you know? As I mentioned in my previous entry, I’m not a technology savvy. Although I have 2 Smartphones yet I still blur with the features. I didn’t know that my Iphone 4S can be a WIFI to another handphone or computer until last year. I only knew that my Iphone4S can be a WIFI while I was trying to search the Uitm Student WIFI last year when I received a WIFI signal from the other IPhone User. I keep asking my colleagues how to be a Personal Hotspot who also has IPhone but the answer was they do not know how to be a Personal Hotspot.

Last month when I went to Firdaus’s office to do my group assignment ,I was trying to charge my Iphone battery using my laptop using the USB and at the same time I was also surfing the assignment data via my phone then only I realized how it work to be the “PERSONAL HOTSPOT”.

Personal Hotspot is features of iOS 4.3 and higher for the iPhone. The features allow sharing its wireless data connection with another device via WIFI, Bluetooth or USB. .This will act as a wireless router to the device which is able to transmit and receive data for another device. An iPhone 4 or higher is for WIFI connection whereby iPhone 3GS offer Bluetooth and USB connections.

To begin setting up a Personal Hotspot –iPhone (mine is iPhone 4S), you need

Step 1: Need to have IPhone 3GS or higher

Step 2: Need to have an active internet data plan at handphone

Step 3: Tap the Setting Menu Screen – Tap General

Snapshot no 1


Step 4: The Cellular Data must be “ON” on the General Screen -

Cellular – ON/OFF – slide Cellular slider to ON

Snapshot no 2


Step 5: Tap the Setting Menu Screen – Personal Hotspot ON/OFF

Slide the Personal Hotspot slider to ON

Snapshot no 3


Snapshot no 4


Once you slide Cellular to ON, you will be able to turn On the Personal Hotspot

Snapshot no 5


You will be given the WIFI password to share with your iPhone internet connection. However you will be allowed to change your password by tap the password field and edit it on the next screen

Snapshot no 6


This snapshot no. 6 shows that the setting up the Personal Hotspot is done and ready to connect to it. The connection can be via Wifi, Bluetooth and USB or networks. When it has connected to other devices, the Personal Hotspot message will come out and you can see a message in blue color at the top of the screen .The Personal Hotspot is active and will show how many users is connected to it.

Now the Personal Hotspot has been successful set up and you may turn off at anytime you want. To turn on in future, you just simply tap the Setting Icon and set up again.

No comments:

Post a Comment